These are some basic examples of ini files used with IIRF.
- various examples. Browser sends a request to URL#1, server sends a response to the browser to use URL #2.
- rewrite server-side headers based on various criteria
Map Based on HTTP_HOST variable
Route Based on Host Name
- Replacing strings with downcased or uppercased versions.
- case insensitive matching, redirect options, and so on. etc.
Examples of Regular Expression Basics
- regex character sets like \d, \D, \w, \W, \s, \S.
- match anything URL that does NOT look like (pattern)
- case-insensitive matching on a subset of the URL
Do Nothing on Match
- a rule that does nothing (no rewrite) on match of the pattern.
Capture Query String, if any
- returns the query string, or the empty string if no query string is present.
Blacklist by IP and User Agent
Map Requests by Extension
- requests for .php scripts go one place, requests for .jps go somewhere else.
Search Engine Friendly URLs
Simplified URLs 1
- simplify the URLs displayed in the browser address bar
Simplified URLs 2
- display "shoppingcart" in the browser's address bar, but run ViewCart.aspx on the server
Exclude some URLs from Rewrite
- Shows how to exclude some URLs from later rules, the cascade effect of rules.
Simple - one URL Segment to an ASPX Query Param
Map URL segments to Query params
Allow SharePoint Search to work on http and https URLs
Remove default.aspx from the URL
- also, map a URL path segment to a query param for the language
Example for Joomla/SEF