Question on Rewrite

Feb 5, 2008 at 11:24 AM
Edited Feb 5, 2008 at 11:26 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie and trying to see if I can get some help with rewriting the following - take any instances of page name like in sample below: eg: ListingCenter.asp and rewrite to ListingCenter.htm

My problem is that there can be multiple variables as shown below preceding the ListingCenter.asp name so basically I'm looking for help on how to assure that no matter how many variables precede the ListingCenter.asp that it is always rewritten to ListingCenter.htm --- the other issue is that I would need this rewritten regardless of case ie: listingcenter.asp is always rewritten to ListingCenter.htm

Would Like this rewritten to always reflect ListingCenter.htm (even if there are more or different variables preceding the ListingCenter.asp
www.sitename.com/a/b/StateID.3/d/ListingCenter.asp

Using ISAPI rewrite on IIS 5, and would like a 301 redirect rewrite

Thank you for the help
Coordinator
Feb 5, 2008 at 7:12 PM
To do case-insensitive checking, you can use the [I] option, or the (?i) flag in the regular expression itself. So the pattern can match listingcenter.asp or ListingCenter.asp or LISTINGCENTER.asp but is always rewritten to ListingCenter.htm. Check the examples for case insensitivity.

Also,
There are examples covering iteration in the URL.

Actually, now that I look, these are in the TESTS directory, not in the examples directory. So get the source and examine the test directory.

The 301 is possible too.

start by looking at the rEADME, then the test directories.