v2.0: Installation at the "Web Sites" icon level question

Jun 9, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I have been able to install iirf v2.0 on an indivual website and have tested it successfully.

Here are the locations of my files:

c\iirf\iirf.dll

c\iirf\iirfglobal.ini

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\test\iirf.ini

Now, I am looking to install the filter at the global level (i.e. by right clicking the "Web Sites" icon instead of an individual website). 

My question is this: Where is the default root physical directory reside for the master website? The home directory tab does not seem to show this information. 

I imagine my iirf.dll and iirfglobal.ini files can stay where they are. However, I am wondering where I should move the iirf.ini so that it applies to all websites.  My end goal is to have rules in place that apply to all websites(will be around 100 sites) and if necessary override these settings by dropping additional iirf.ini files in individual website roots as needed.

If I had to guess it would be c:\windows\system32\inetsrv but I thought I read somewhere that this location was not safe.

thanks for your time and thanks for the hard work.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:00 PM

"Master Website" as you call it does not have a home directory since it's not a website but just a way to set global setting for all sites.  iirfglobal.ini is your global file and if you want do have unique individual filters for each site then you'll have to place iirf file into the root folder of each site.

Jun 9, 2010 at 11:52 PM

Thanks for the clarification.