IIS6 + Wordpress MU + OWA

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Oct 8, 2010 at 8:59 PM

First off, I apologize in advance if I missed something in the documentation. However, I cannot seem to get my setup to work. I've a single Windows 2003 server running Exchange 2003 and Wordpress 3 in a multi user configuration. Exchange and Wordpress are in different IIS sites and have are serviced by different domain names. When I install IIRF, Wordpress works perfectly, but OWA Stops. If I turn off rewrites OWA works and Wordpress stops.

How can I setup IIRF to do rewrites on Wordpress but not OWA?

Oct 14, 2010 at 10:41 PM

You can install IIRF on IIS on a per-server basis, in which case it applies to all sites in the server, or on a per-site basis. 

Therefore, one way to address your problem is to install IIRF only on the Wordpress site.

If Wordpress and OWA are running in different "sites" within IIS, then only Wordpress will get the IIRF behavior, while OWA will not.

I believe the installer allows you to select a per-server or a per-site install for IIRF. Also you can consult the documentation if you'd prefer to do a "manual" installation.

Another way to solve the problem is to insert a RewriteCond + RewriteRule at the top of the IIRF.ini file that specifically excludes requests for the OWA hostname.

Something  like:

# don't apply any rules to OWA urls.
 RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}  www.myowahost.com
 RewriteRule ^(.*)$ - [L]

This rule says "do nothing (and process no more rules)" for any URL that comes in using the OWA hostname.