Version 1.2.13 does not work under Windows XP

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:23 AM
I noticed that version 1.2.13 has problems matching regular expressions, while version 1.2.12b does not exhibit this problem and rewrites my expressions the way it's supposed to. Naturally, I've examined my log files (see previous message posted earlier today). The bad behavior that the newer version exhibits is that it may rewrite the URL every other time, or maybe 1 out of 10 times or even more. The behavior is very random and the log files simply state that the expression was not matched, and then the next time, the expression will match. Very, very weird.

Please note that I'm using the very same expression, in fact, I'm using the very same same IsapiRewrite4.ini in my tests.

P.S. I've only tested on my workstation running Windows XP Professional. I will proceed by testing the newer version on Windows 2003 Server.

Mar 1, 2008 at 12:29 AM
Edited Mar 1, 2008 at 12:30 AM
I played around with different settings in the INI file and was never able to eliminate the problem in the newer version (although it works great in the older version). Here is my IsapiRewrite4.ini:

RewriteLog c:\temp\iirf
RewriteLogLevel 5
RewriteFilterPriority HIGH
IterationLimit 1
RewriteRule ^(.*).htm$ $1.asp