Error on install

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum
Dec 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM

Trying to install the latest version from http://iirf.codeplex.com/releases/view/36814#DownloadId=95756

I get the following error:

--------------------------------------------------

The installer has encountered an unexpected error
installing this package. This may indicate a problem with
this package. The error code is 2801.

Exception {StartlisSites}: 0x800700B7: cannot create
a file when that file already exists.

--------------------------------------------------

New installation, new folders.

Microsoft Windows Server 2003
Standard Edition
Service Pack 2

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I don't know what the problem could be. I'll have to look more closely. I'll get back to you.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2010 at 11:58 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Can you supply a log of the msi session, to help me debug this?

The stage where the problem is occurring is when the IIS sites get started. Not sure why that would cause the error you're reporting, because there are no files explicitly created at that time.   An MSI log would help diagnose the problem.  Use this command, from a cmd.exe prompt:

msiexec /i  IIRF2.1.msi  /l*v  msilogfile.log

and then post the contents of the generated msilogfile.log .  You will need to do this in a directory where you have file creation permissions.

Jan 7, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Request heard. With current workload it may be next week.

Thanks for looking into it!

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2011 at 10:25 PM

No problem.  Thanks for reporting it!

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Hi there.

I have the same problem.

The reason seems to be that if you have SharePoint installed, the Default Web Site is stopped (and should be if you have a SharePoint Web Application on port 80). It seems that the iirf installer tries to start the Default Web Site, which will fail because the port 80 is already in use. (by the SharePoint Web Application.) and it will throw this Exception.

Could you please look into the option of not trying to start the Default Web Site?

Regards,

Magnus

Apr 5, 2011 at 9:34 PM

Change the port on the default website to 81 or something, run it again and it will work.