After manual install, no log..?

Topics: Developer Forum, Project Management Forum, User Forum
Dec 3, 2010 at 8:59 PM

After a manual install of 2.1 (since the .msi fails - logged that one already), I run testdriver.exe. It appears to work, showing the full path to the log file and the filename that was created, but there is no log file there. The folder is empty. No error messages in the output.

Coordinator
Dec 4, 2010 at 11:45 AM
mapsedge wrote:

After a manual install of 2.1 (since the .msi fails - logged that one already), I run testdriver.exe. It appears to work, showing the full path to the log file and the filename that was created, but there is no log file there. The folder is empty. No error messages in the output.

Can you show me the output you're looking at?

Just FYI - testdriver.exe is an application that binds directly to the IIRF ISAPI DLL.  It does not run within the scope of an ISAPI, or within IIS.  Instead testdriver.exe invokes the rewrite methods directly, from a command-line exe.  This gives you some ability to test out your rewrite logic, your rules.  But because testdriver.exe does not run within the context of IIS, it cannot duplicate the IIRF functionality, especially with regard to server variables.  IIS Server Variables are simply not available within testdriver.exe.  

As for the logfile, I think that there is some logic within IIRF that generates a logfile name, and you may be seeing the output of this in the testdriver.exe output.  but testdriver does not generate a log file.  It emits all of its output to the console.  There's no need to look into a logfile when running testdriver.exe.