proxypass not seeming to work?

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 4, 2011 at 5:03 AM

I just upgraded to the latest 2.1 x86 version so I can use proxypass feature.

I have a unique use- i want every site on my server to return a single result for the bing webmaster tools site auth xml file. so my global ini file rules has this:

ProxyPass          ^/BingSiteAuth.xml$   http://data.bradymoritz.com/bingsiteauth.xml

This should return the same bingsiteauth.xml file for any website on my server when it encounters the url (website)/bingsiteauth.xml

Testing it, shows 404 error instead though.

Any ideas?

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2011 at 8:53 PM

yes,

what I would do: turn on IIRF logging, and examine the IIRF log file to see what's happening to the requests for BingWhatever.xml

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Chesso, i had concluded this might not be supported in the global ini file, are you saying it should work?

Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 4, 2011 at 11:30 PM

oh, whoops!

I missed that part in your original post.   Your conclusion is correct: you can't drop a ProxyPass directive in the global ini file.

unfortunately.

what you can do is specify an identical IIRf.ini file for every site. 

My original reply was saying: ProxyPass should work, and if it is present in the IIRf.ini, then to troubleshoot that you should look in the IIRF logfile.  But it seems like that's not your issue.

Jan 4, 2011 at 11:39 PM

ok, thanks. would this be a good one to do a feature request for? I imagine having actual routing and proxy rules that apply to every website would be really handy.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 12:10 AM

Yes, I agree - a good feature request.  so obvious, yet... you're the first one who ever asked for it, I think.

Coordinator
Jan 5, 2011 at 12:11 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.