No log file + ProxPass problems

Topics: User Forum
Feb 10, 2011 at 2:49 PM
Edited Feb 10, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Dear all,

I have IIS 6, and JBOSS running on the same machine, I want JBOSS to be accessible via a sub domain, here is my IIRF file :

RewriteLogLevel 5

RewriteLog c:\logs\iirf

IterationLimit 10

MaxMatchCount 10

RewriteEngine ON

StatusInquiry ON

ProxyPass ^/(.*)$$1

ProxyPassReverse /

JBoss is running on port 8080.

- First problem, there is not log file generated (Even if the status reports clearly shows a log file name and that c:\logs exists).

- Second problem, the redirection works globally, but for some URLs, it returns instead of the DNS ( (ie.

Any idea?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Feb 11, 2011 at 5:22 PM

Anyone can help?

I really need to fix that...

Thank you in advance.

Best regards.

Feb 12, 2011 at 10:45 AM

I cannot even analyse the problem as no log file is generated...

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Well, then the first thing is to get the IIRF logging working properly. There's a page in the manual regarding "verifying and troubleshooting installation".  Check it out.

Given that IIRF thinks it has a proper pathname for the logfile, I'd say you may need to check the permissions in the relevant directory. Also check the windows Event Log - IIRF will spool events there when it cannot write the log file.  Actually, IIRF is more clear in later versions with this, so if you have an older version, the event Log may not be as helpful as it could.

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:59 PM

I solved my problem.

The dll has the right of writing, but not on the destination directory (needed to change the security settings of the directory).

Thank you Cheeso.

Feb 18, 2011 at 5:06 PM

Great, glad ot hear it.