Troubleshooting help: No status inquiry

May 27, 2011 at 9:55 PM
Edited May 27, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Hi there, 

I'm trying to install IIRF for the first time, and have been able to get the green arrow, and the priority is set to high so the IirfGlobal.ini is being read.  I just can't get any further. 

Are you supposed to set the ISAPI filter on the Default Web Site in IIS 6 as well?  When I do, it's not reading the priority (* Unknown *) but it is giving a green arrow.  I haven't been able to get the status inquiry to show up even with it set in the INI file.  I have set the permissions as the installation instructions said.  

I tried my best to search for a solution, but came up empty. 

Any help would be much much appreciated.  Thanks! 

EDIT:  I should probably add the nothing is being written to the log files as well. 

Coordinator
May 29, 2011 at 9:57 PM

no you don't need IIRF on the default web site, unless you want it there.

The status inquiry works only for localhost, unless you enable for remote access (check the doc).  Maybe that's the problem there.

The typical problem with IIRF log files is a write/permission error.   the IIS worker process may not have write permissions in the designated spot.

Check the Windows Event log for clues on if this is happening. Or just recheck the permissions in the directory you specified.