IIRF and Wordpress

Jun 27, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Hi guys,

after hours of reading i did it.. The ISAPI driver is loadet (green) in the ISS 6 center. My problem is that i dont understand which rules i must ADD that my Wordpress blog works.
My Homepage is www.pp-mv.de my rules in the IirfGlobal.ini are:

RewriteEngine On
# #RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]

And then i have rules in this directory Iirf.ini :
RewriteLog  C:\logs\iirf.log
RewriteLogLevel 3
StatusUrl /iirfStatus
RewriteEngine ON
RewriteBase  /

Ahm this don't works.. And after (feeled) hundreds of Forums I'm totally disappointed.
Could anyone help me with the correct rules step by step.

I hope anyone can help me.

###############
Windows 2003 with ISS6

Jun 28, 2011 at 7:05 PM
Edited Jun 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM

Has anyone a idea what i must do ?

I tryed to write this in my Iirf.ini :

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(pp-mv\.de).*$ [I]
RedirectRule ^/(.*)$ http://www.pp-mv.de/$1 [I,R=301]
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ /index.php/$1 [L]
RewriteEngine On

But it does not work ... ARGGS..

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2011 at 3:39 PM

I'm sorry you've had trouble.

It's a shame you read so much, and got incorrect information.  I will suggest to you what I suggest to many people who tell me they have read for hours - Read The Fine Documentation The documentation is the correct true source for information on how to use IIRF.  You said you read for hours, which is a terrible shame because apparently you were not reading the documentation.  If you read the doc for just 15 minutes, you would have learned that there are only 5 directives that are legal to use in IirfGlobal.ini.  Your use of RewriteCond and RewriteRule in IirfGlobal.ini is just wrong.

Also, had you read the documentation, you would have seen the recommendation that I made over and over, to use the IirfStatus directive to check and troubleshoot your configuration.  It is a ismple way to alert you on any inadvertent mistakes that are present in your ini file. For example, iirfstatus would tell you that you have incorrect/invalid directives in IirfGlobal.ini.  The suggestions to use iirfstatus are also easy to find in 15 minutes of reading, if you read the correct thing, which is, in this case, the documentation.  

Regarding Wordpress, I'm sorry I am not a wordpress user and I don't know the exact rules to use for wordpress blogs.  There have been several people on the IIRF forums who've posted the rulesets they use, with success.  I don't know what those rules do, how they intereact with wordpress, or what other wordpress settings are required in order to get those rules to work properly.  But I suggest you try the forums search function and see if you can find any help there.  If you've already tried this, I'm sorry you did not find the help you need.

good luck.

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:52 AM

Mimo,

To use IIRF in combination with WordPress add the following lines to iirf.ini:

RewriteRule /. /index.php [L,QSA]

Make sure the iirf.ini-file is created in the home directory of your website. This should be sufficient for WordPress. Don't forget to activate URL-rewriting within Wordpress. Logon to /wp-admin/, click Settings -> Permalinks -> Custom structure -> fill in /%postname%/ -> save.