Problem with lock on INI and DFSR

Topics: User Forum
Feb 19, 2009 at 6:18 AM
Hi,

I may have missed it in the doco, but is it possible to tell IIRF to NOT watch the ini file/IIRF folder? Or even better to only read in the settings on an interval (e.g. every hour or every day etc)?

The problem I have is we have 3 w2k3 servers and use DFSR.  If I change the ini file on server 1, DFSR can't write the change to server 2 and server 3 because either the INI file is locked or the directory watcher that IIRF uses is reporting a lock.  In a lot of cases it's even causing the ini file to be deleted from server 2 and server 3!

The only way to fix it is to do an IISRESET on server 2 and 3, and DFSR will then replicate the ini file (or any other changes in that folder).  I can't keep doing IISRESET's as we have a large number of websites on these servers.

Each website that needs IIRF has it's own IIRF subfolder and separate DLL and INI file.

So my thinking is, if IIRF only read the INI file for changes every so often (say hourly) we wouldn't have an issue.

Thanks for your time.

Cheers
Mark Picker
Mar 5, 2009 at 3:50 PM
I too would like to know the answer to this.
Mar 31, 2009 at 3:59 PM
Could someone please take a look at this issue please?

It's very annoying when releasing software updates to a production server. Currently I have to stop IIS, then export the new code from SVN, then start IIS again. If IIRF didn't lock the .ini file, I would simply be able to export the SVN without stopping and starting IIS.

Is there any thing I can do?

Many Thanks
Stephen