Isapi loaded, rewrite not working, statusURL not working

Aug 18, 2009 at 7:26 PM

I have the dll loaded properly on win2k3, the green arrow is up, iis_wpg has read/execute through the folder tree to the dll.  I have restarted IIS a few times.

global ini is:

RewriteFilterPriority MEDIUM
NotifyLog ON
RewriteEngine ON

IsapiRewrite3.ini is:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteLog D:\Sites\iirf
RewriteLogLevel 6
StatusUrl  /iirfStatus RemoteOk

I'm not getting a log file

I'm not getting a status at the statusURL ( I get a 404).

There are no messages in system or application logs relating to w3svc.  Otherwise the site it's installed for works like it did before.

The dll is named iirf.dll - which is a different name from your documentation.  the modified date is Wednesday, July 29, 2009, 12:54:00 PM with a size of 705 KB (722,432 bytes).  Do I have the wrong dll?

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM

There are two versions of IIRF.  In IIRF v1.2.16, the DLL name is IsapiRewrite4.dll.    In IIRF v2.0, the DLL name is IIIRF.dll .

You configure and deploy IIRF v1.2.16 differently than v2.0.  They both use INI files, but they are named differently.  If you have v1.2.x, use an ini file named IsapiRewrite4.ini.  If you have v2.0, use an ini file named iirf.ini.   Also, only v2.0 uses the global ini file.  

The allowed statements in the ini files are different across those versions.  Make sure you're following the instructions for the version of IIRF you're using.   If in doubt, I suggest IIRF v2.0.  If the v2.0 doc uses a DLL name other than IIRF.dll, then it's wrong. If the v1.2.x doc mentions a DLL name other than IsapiRewrite4.dll, then it's wrong.   Let me know if this is the case, and where to find the incorrect doc.

Neither version ever uses IsapiRewrite3.ini, which is the name you said you were using.  If that's the name of your ini file, IIRF will not find it.  An incorrectly named ini file would explain why there's no IIRF log file. 

Coordinator
Aug 18, 2009 at 11:22 PM
Edited Aug 18, 2009 at 11:54 PM

I've updated IIRF to havve a default StatusUrl when no ini file is found.  The well-known URL path will be /iirfstatus.  With this change, if you have a missing ini file (or it is incorrectly named) you will see a status page indicating that the ini file could not be found. 

This change will be in the next is in the current binary release of IIRF.

Aug 19, 2009 at 2:25 PM
Awesome!

The piece that I didn't have was the new version's ini name, because the examples packaged with it were all the old name.

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Cheeso <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I've updated IIRF to havve a default StatusUrl when no ini file is found.  The well-known URL path will be /iirfstatus.  With this change, if you have a missing ini file (or it is incorrectly named) you will see a status page indicating that the ini file could not be found. 

This change will be in the next binary release of IIRF.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (IIRF@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email IIRF@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com