IIRF problems on Server2k3

Topics: User Forum
Jan 29, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I followed the instructions (and even manage to figure out that I needed add an entry for IIRF to the list of web service extensions and allow it) but I can't seem to get it to actually process traffic.

I've got a green arrow in the root level ISAPI filters tab and even managed to get it to set the priority level to high (Though if I change the setting the global ini file to medium now, it doesn't respond when I restart IIS)

I have it at the top of the list (Above ASP.NET_2.0..., which is priority Low, anyway) I also added the .iirf mapping.

There are no errors in the Windows Event Log, but I can't get the status page to load- I just get a 404, and the w3svc1 log reflects 404 errors as well. No IIRF log file is generated at any point.

Here are what I have in the way of ini files:

# IsapiRewrite4.ini
RewriteLog C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\iirf\iirfLog.out
RewriteLogLevel 5
RewriteEngine ON
RewriteFilterPriority MEDIUM
#Create Status site
StatusUrl /iirfStatus

IirfGlobal.ini:

# IsapiRewrite4.ini

RewriteLog C:\WINDOWS\system32\LogFiles\iirf\iirfLog.out

RewriteLogLevel 5

RewriteEngine ON

RewriteFilterPriority MEDIUM

#Create Status site

StatusUrl /iirfStatus

IIRF.ini:

# IIRF.ini

StatusUrl /iirfStatus

Is there anything else I should be checking or that needs to be enabled for this to work?

Coordinator
Jan 30, 2010 at 5:17 PM
Edited Jan 30, 2010 at 7:41 PM

Check the documentation. There are 3 directives that can be used in the IirfGlobal.ini file: RewriteFilterPriority, NotifyLog, and RewriteEngine . Anything else in the global ini file is ignored, or results in a warning.  In particular, RewriteLog and RewriteLogLevel are not "legal" for use within the global ini file, and they are not effective when used in that file.  They only work from the IIRF.ini file.  This is why you get no logfile: you haven't specified to IIRF where to put it. 

As to why you get no status report, how are you making the request?  If you read the doc then you know the status report, by default, is issued only from the local machine, by default.  So http://localhost/iirfStatus will give you a status report, if run from the server, but http://myservername/iirfStatus will not give you a status report, if you  browse to that URL from a client machine on the LAN.  If you want to enable remote status requests, you need to use the RemoteOk keyword.  As I said, this is all explained in the documentation

Feb 1, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Thanks, that did help clear things up, and everything seems to be working properly now.